150mm flexible tap connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi..i am changing my bathroom rads for towel rails and do not wish to divert the current central heating pipes so i used a 150mm 1/2 inch-15mm flex tap connector to connect the existing ch valves to the towel rail flow and return stems..which i managed to obtain from my local very helpful plumb centre..done one bathroom ok but now i cant locate a new pair of flex connectors of the 150mm variety. the guy told me he had ripped them out of a enclosed vanity toilet cistern in which they use 150mm to feed the water to the cistern cut off valve PLEASE
can anyone help me in locating a pair ...i know of a midland firm that makes the vanity unit cisterns but cannot remember the name of the company..thanks stupotvfr

Sponsored Links
bet it looks a treat

ok-wink.gif

Sponsored Links
why do you ask please...as i said i am after a constructive helpful answer which is what the forum is for so if you have nothing else better to do go annoy someone else...cheers

just like to know how long before they blow with the hot water.
not me whos going to be swimming

laughing-019.gif

depends how much you use the heating.
but not long term as they are not designed for that as the rubber will collapse in time.

B & Q stock these in a variety of lengths and, on the contrary, my bathroom refurbishment, with these easy to use flexibles, has never had any hint of a "blow" or leak. If they did malfunction, under the minimal pressures encountered in a domestic pipework system, then they would be, in my opinion, of faulty manufacture.

B & Q stock these in a variety of lengths and, on the contrary, my bathroom refurbishment, with these easy to use flexibles, has never had any hint of a "blow" or leak. If they did malfunction, under the minimal pressures encountered in a domestic pipework system, then they would be, in my opinion, of faulty manufacture.

what have you installed them on ?

thanks for your constructive reply, i have used flexis for showers etc all over my houses for years and not had a problem with rubber perishment as previously mentioned..i have also located the forgotten cistern firm..Thomas Dudleys....cheers

you don't get the point do you.
cisterns, showers, taps have nothing to do with central heating towel rails do they ?

Had a customer call me out about 2 months ago.....her husband did the same....difficult pipe stub, new rad, used a flexible.....wished he hadn't as it spilt and 70 degree plus water scalded his 14mnth old crawling around the floor........skin grafts needed.......might last 1 week, 1 year or ten years......but then sticking a wing on a plane with super glue might last the same time too.....wouldn't fly in it tho.......flexi's are not rated for the heat that a boiler can put through them.......but hey....your an adult....you chose....

ok thanks for your replies.. i will change the question..anyone know where i can obtain a 150mm 1/2-15mm flexible tap connector apart from b and q..thanks very much.

Had a customer call me out about 2 months ago.....her husband did the same....difficult pipe stub, new rad, used a flexible.....wished he hadn't as it spilt and 70 degree plus water scalded his 14mnth old crawling around the floor........skin grafts needed.......might last 1 week, 1 year or ten years......but then sticking a wing on a plane with super glue might last the same time too.....wouldn't fly in it tho.......flexi's are not rated for the heat that a boiler can put through them.......but hey....your an adult....you chose....

dear powell30..found this on manufacturers website..
Overview
Braided Hose Assemblies

Suitable for potable water
Stainless steel grade 304 overbraid
EPBM rubber inner tube
Fittings nickel plated brass, compression to BSP female and BSP female to BSP female
Length 300mm
Temperature range -30°C to +110°C
Maximum working pressure 16 bar at 20°C
:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back