15mm bath pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The spark I got in to extend the ring circuit commented that my bath pipes are 15mm and should be 22mm. I had no idea.

I had removed the existing bath as I'm in the middle of renovating the bathroom (new suite, tiling walls & floors and building a false wall to hide a concealed cistern). I was just going to fit the new bath with taps ordered from bathstore.

Since he brought the issue of the pipes to my attention it has occurred to me that my bath taps probably won't fit if the pipes are non-standard. The previous taps were soldered in and I had to use a pipe cutter to remove them.

What are my options?

Can I just get a compression fitting that will convert from 15mm to 22mm? Or should I get a plumber in to replace the 1.5M of pipe that is accessible with 22mm pipe.

My hot water is supplied by a Boilermate 2 thermal store coupled with a Potterton Suprima boiler.

Cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links
As your hot and cold water are mains pressure the 15mm will be fine. Just get 15mm by 3/4 tap connectors. The speedfit ones are a doddle to fit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back