15mm or 22mm feed to bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A question to you experienced guys out there

I'm about to change my standard bath to a P shaped bath for showering. I noticed that there are 15mm feeds to the hot and cold taps, this is on a conventional gravity fed system

As I rarely use the bath as such , only showering, is it worth changing the bath pipes to 22mm, also if I did would there be a dramatic increase in flow rate

Any replies would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Well, if you take all the points into consideration - velocity of water through the pipe - adequate pressure - pipe sizing throughout the whole cold and hot water system, cold and hot sources etc, a 22mm pipe should deliver almost double the volume of water that a 15mm pipe can, all things being equal.
Soooo....... if it's currently 22mm feeds from the hot and cold sources, that then narrows to 15mm to the taps, and that 15mm is now being enlarged back out to 22mm throughout, then yes flow will be significantly increased.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back