15mm to 22mm connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just bought some new bath taps but am having a problem fitting them (the taps are shorter than the old ones and won't reach the connections to the pipes).

What I'm after is a couple of those flexible, braided hoses. Thing is, the tap's thread is the usual 22mm but the pipes are 15mm. Do such hoses exist - with the different measurements at either end?!

I'd like hoses with a thread at one end that I can connect to the taps and then a connection at the other so that I can connect to the pipes with an olive compression fitting - I don't fancy the rubber type.

Hope you can help!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Psssst, sneak into PTS or other and buy 22mm speedfit flexible tap connector.

While your there ask for a 22 x 15 speedfit reducer :rolleyes:

:idea: :oops: wrong post................PTS Plumbing Trade Supplies ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. What's PTS?!

Could anyone post a link for this particular item so I could buy online? I'd be most grateful.

You could help yourself here a bit, by going to screwfix website for instance.

What you need is a 3/4" tap connector on flexible tube with compression fitting at yonder end. Now if there isn't one available down to 15mm simply get a 22mm one and get the olive reduction kit which makes a 22mm compression fitting fit a 15mm pipe.

If you don't understand any of that get a plumber you shouldn't be messing with your pipes.

No thats 15mm pipe x 3/4 Bsp thread that screws direct to a 3/4 bath tap

Bless ya, Do it All. I appreciate your help.

Is it a compression fitting at the other end though? I'd prefer that to the rubber type.

Have a look for yourself you lazy git! They're there, I just found them in 2 clicks.

ChrisR said:
Have a look for yourself you lazy git! They're there, I just found them in 2 clicks.

Thanks very much! I imagine you're more used to the lingo of plumbing than I am! Link?! :confused:

The Red Indians have a saying. Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish you feed him for life.

What you are looking for fits a 3/4 tap at one end and a 15mm pipe at other, go search.

better still go and support local industry in your area, they pay massive business rates so that you have a local service. Tell them what you want and let them do the work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back