15x10 1 Piece reducer Question

Sponsored Links
No, put it in the fitting (right way round) and tighten it up, as it tightens you will hear a snap (normal) another full turn job done. Carefull the 10mm pipe is all the way in though.

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm fitting new TRVs and having to carefully cut the old olive off the pipe and hope the new 1 piece reducer works, should i use fernox assembly paste

Sponsored Links
which is the correct way round when fitting one piece adaptor into trv?
Alfie

That is an easy one , you will only be able to put the pipe in if it is the correct way round and play heed to the advice you have been given you MUST feel the fitting "snap" then re tighten if you dont it wont hold water

is the 10mm copper or plastic ?

if it's plastic don't use those because when you have tighten enough to snap the olive it will have also sheared through the pipe, if it is plastic pipe use a proper reducing set, or better still buy 10mm trv's & if you get the right ones you won't even have to change the existing nut & olive ;)

Your link wouldnt open , if it is a one piece reducer you will not be able to put the pipe in from both ends, its impossible , are you sure that the pipe is actually 10mm copper ? sounds like you have a 15mmx 10mm one piece reducer but 8mm pipe, this would go in either way round

could be 8mm always thought it was10mm will go to screwfix and get 8mm if they have them. I'm real stupid but then I am 73. One last thing I don't need anything inside the copper pipe do I?
Alfie
P.S Thanks for quick reply.

No alfie you dont need anything inside the copper pipe, you only need inserts inside plastic pipe, if you havent already fitted your valve take it back and ask for a valve that does 15 mm 10mm and 8 mm there are a few around that come with all insert reducing fittings, I will check screwfix for you and if I see what you require I will come back on and post it for you , good luck mate

Ian

That is the valve that you actually need Alfie but if you want to personal message me your address on here I will post you a full set of reducing sets that will suit you free of charge, I will post you what you need to go with the valve you already have

Cheers

ian

Hate seeing old people getting ripped off Baz, if he was near me I would have went round myself and done it FOC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back