16 mm Trunking question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Following on from my electricity in the loft post, I have met a problem using 16mm trunking.

I am trying to route the trunking to the bottom of a flush wall mounted socket (i.e. one that is in the wall). I am taking a spur off this socket.

The 16mm trunking seems to stick out a little proud of the socket.

What should I be doing differently. (appart from chase out the wall, I do not want to do this. due to decorating.)

Sponsored Links
You can get a 16mm spacer pattress.

You could also chamfer the trunking, and gently bend the lid to a 30 - 45 deg angle with the chamfer. Remove the tounge on the lid first on the section where you bend it.

What does a 16mm spacer patress look like?

can anyone provide a link??

Is chamfering the trunking and making it fit still in accordance with regulations?

Sponsored Links
I would have thought this was quite a common problem since a lot of applications of trunking will be to add surface mounted sockets as a spur to an existing socket whcih if original from house build, would be flush in wall.

I did think of buying a 3 sockets from 2, so that I end up with a surface mount to work from, but one of the aims of my spur is that the original socket will not be used. It will be behind furniture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back