17MM Black Pipe..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Got a bit of a dilema...

Our Stop Cock in the house had quite a bad leak so i decided time to change it..... However the pipe coming in from the house is black and is 17mm in diamter. I was hoping this was just 15mm because i just bought a jg 15mm stop cock from screwfix. What is the best way to reduce this down? seems impossible to reduce it down to this push fit stop cock. What must i get to solve this? i have had a look on screwfix but cant find jack about 17 - 15 mm reducers.

Thanks in advance all

(ps i also looked for them philmac and lead loc on screwfix cannot find them so hopefully they got an alternative) ?

Sponsored Links
Do a search for a philmac universal coupler, it's about £18 though, I think drain centre do them.

I've just seen that you've mentioned philmac, as above drain center

you need a well-stocked plumbers merchant, Screwfix is more general store with lots of fast-moving popular lines.

Probably old 3/8” Alkathene.
Kuterlite and Prestex do a 15mm copper to 3/8” Alkathene adaptor.
If space is not an issue (quite a bulky fitting) Philmac do a universal coupler that will fit (15mm to 21mm end).

Sponsored Links
Could it not be a 1/2" measured INTERNALLY pipe?

Some of these old pipes can be a real pain to connect to.

I went to a Phillmac connector which was leaking. I dismantled it and reassembled and it was then OK but I could not identify any problem with it.

It had been fitted as a favour by Thames Water contractors working on the street so they could not be called back.

Tony

You'll need a Philmac 20mm stopcock with a 3/8" reducer in one end and a 15mm copper adapter in the other. Plumbase will stock them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back