17th edition regs /RCBO's/CB's/total rewire/ D.I.Y.??

Sponsored Links
To the OP, your other option is to notify your LABC and pay their fee. They will want to inspect after your first and second fixes and will issue a completion certificate once they have tested your installation and deemed it up to standard.

This way you can do the work and hae it notified properly which is surely what you (and your sister) want to avoid any problems further down the line.

To be fair you do seem to have a basic grasp of whats needed. But as others have said, pick up the On Site Guide and a copy of the regs. This will answer some of your questions or at least help you to be a bit more descriptive in your problems...;)

Have a look at here on why you want to make sure it is all notified properly and above board!

Sponsored Links
thanks for everyones help,will be notifiying work to local LABC,have gained help from local spark,he will be designing the runs/cable sizes ect...all i have to do is follow his plans and we shall be getting it checked before we start,when we finish, and then hopefully fully complient!
to ban all sheds:
I know you mean well but this is a forum and not a school so please dont treat/flame people like kids.
I come on here with concerns before a tool was lifted,rules will be followed or my sisters house insurance will not be valid and I/we dont want that ;)
You may have smacked my arse over a number of things but as i said before...i have not lifted a tool yet ;)
and for what its worth...
we hope when finished it will look like this:
:LOL:
although that might be a way down the line yet!
Thanks all for you advise
regards,
rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back