17th edition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys/girls!

Doing my 17th edition update in 3weeks... just been searching on google - there is a lot of exam software out there!

Therefore i ask this question.

Can anyone recommend a book which covers all of the update i may read and revise from? Also, same question to practise exam simulators?

Would be nice to hear your opinions on what you guys used.

Carlos

Sponsored Links
A book which covers all that'll be asked of you in the update?

BS7671:2008 would be my bet!

Email me if you want some C&G2382 practice papers (address in profile).

the exam is easy if you have a grasp of the book and know how to read C+G questions

First few pages of BS7671:2008 lists all changes. Biggest problem is one thinks one knows the answer but it has changed. Any answer you don't know you will look up. So not knowing is not a problem. It is remembering old instead of new regs which is problem. So just concentrate on changes.
The course I did had us highlight changes. I missed one only 98%

There is not enough time to look up every answer so those you know you just answer and this is where one can slip up. The golan system allows you to skip and return so:-
Stage one answer all you know.
Stage two look up those you don't know.
Stage three start double checking those you thought you knew.
Very unlikely any Electrician will get enough wrong to fail.
From what I understand those who had BS7671:2001 are only tested on changes so if I didn't remember a change I re-checked.
Full exam of course covers all.

Sponsored Links
Biggest problem is one thinks one knows the answer but it has changed.

:D Biggest problem is not that much has changed (it hasn't) but that most sparks don't understand the regs very well at all.

The golan system allows you to skip and return...

That'll be from the Israeli regs then? ;) (GOLA)

Very unlikely any Electrician will get enough wrong to fail.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sadly (yet somehow hilariously) many electricians do fail their regs exam!

Maplin Electronics do sell various Brian Scaddan books on electrical installation. Do an order online as in store stock is rather sketchy/scarse.

Maplin Electronics do sell various Brian Scaddan books on electrical installation. Do an order online as in store stock is rather sketchy/scarse.
Was the stock as "sketchy/scarse" nearly 7 years ago when this discussion was taking place?

Kind Regards, John

http://www.sparkyfacts.co.uk/index.html Try this link. Also worth "tabbing" you regs book up :
Warning notices, K factor, Time current characteristics, Definitions, Max Zs, Special locations, Equipment temperature, Statutory regs, External influences, to name some for quick reference/finding in exam

Chivers, the OP was doing his 17th SIX YEARS AGO.
I rather think he has either passed the exam, or is now in another profession:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back