Sponsored Links
When I did mine, there was a lot of emphasis on the "rule of thumb" for EFLI and what you might need to do if your measurement/calculation shows that you've missed the EFLI target impedance.
Shove in an RCD/RCBO according to many.

When I did mine, there was a lot of emphasis on the "rule of thumb" for EFLI and what you might need to do if your measurement/calculation shows that you've missed the EFLI target impedance.
Shove in an RCD/RCBO according to many.

Funnily enough when I did mine that was one of three solutions given to combat high Zs (the other 2 being run an additional cpc or shorten the circuit)
I did argue at the time that an RCD should only be used as additional protection or where the Zs would be impossible to get down (TT). The guy looked pretty annoyed that I was questioning him in front of the rest of the class.
My point was that before a circuit is designed, Ze or Zdb should be obtained so that a suitable size cable can be installed to satisfy disconnection time as well as all the other factors that come into play (load,VD etc)

Sponsored Links
I passed my am2 in 2005 out of work at moment cos work has dryd up.Hopefully im gtn ma 2391 granted n payd for cs am nt wrkin.R thr any pointers i shd knw for the practical? A mite aswell ava go for nowt. plus a quik cuple of qs wud a twin cable b put down as 1 phase 3 wire.Say a 4 core armoured with 3 phase + neutral,is this classed as 3 phase 4 wire?tb ryan

What language is that anyway? Looks like a cross between French and Spanish :LOL:

A word of warning, i enrolled this evening for the next 2391-10 course at the local college, i was going to leave it until the exam after that and study more but was told that the funding to many colleges around the UK will be chopped in June/July and they will have to raise there prises inline with the inderpendent training centers. I just payed £495.00 but was told that it would be going up to around £700.00. This way, if i fail i will only have to pay the re-sit exam fee

wht circuitry is on the 2391 rig? is evryfin explained on the course bfr the test?do u gt vany hands on experience on the course etc?

Can we try that again in english please? Might be able to have half a chance with it then...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back