2.5mm sq twin and earth cable?

Got one more quote Today. £400 for 5 points and £400 for fuse box upgrade. Varies a lot.
My question is do I have to put in an RCD right now to have the 5 points? I know the safety issues and I really want an RCD protection but can I tie it with fuse box upgrade for a later date when SSE moves my meter? Does it stop the electrician from certifying his work if he doesn't install RCD?
BTW, is fuse box same as consumer unit?

Sponsored Links
BTW, is fuse box same as consumer unit?
Probably.

Of course, they are not really. We have lots of silly names in the electrical trade.
Not surprisingly, a fuse box is a box with fuses in it and a consumer unit is a modern container with breakers which is type-tested - another wonderful choice of term.

However, we often say fuse box for both as people don't know what a consumer unit is.

New sockets should have RCD protection, so ...

If I'm working in a house I always ask where the fusebox is. If you ask for the consumer unit, for the most part you just get a blank stare!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back