2.6bar 15 litres per minutes 5 bedroom 3 bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2.6bar 15 litres per minutes 5 bedroom 3 bathroom - what water/heating system. I wanted a cylinder but I heard 2.6bar ain't great for cylinder.

I was told to ask Severn Trent to upgrade my supply but as its shared it may be a issue?

Sponsored Links
If you mean an unvented cylinder then you really should be looking at 20-22 litres per minute as a minimum. Pressure doesn't seem too bad but could be better.

What size is your incoming main? Upgrading that will increase flow rate.

If there is no possibility of that then you could install an accumulator which will increase pressure and flow if designed correctly and doesn't actually cost as much as people think.

Jon

For your house with 3 bathroom, why don't you go for cold water storage tank / how water cylinder system? Better than unvented cylinder.

And sealed system for heating.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
2.6 bar is enough to work with, but 15l/min is poor. You could enquire about the cost of upgrading your main - depending on your specific situation, it may be possible that much of the work can be done yourself. Other than that, an accumulator would be a good way forward if you have space for one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back