2 bellboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

calumr135

hi there guys. I have just won an elmdene prima 200 on ebay which I am going to install on my parents house along with a texecom oddysey 3.

I plan to install the prima at the front and the oddysey at the back. I will use the oddy as SCB.

I understand the wiring set up for 2 bellboxes. but i have a couple of questions.

1: as the bellboxes are different will there be any issues with tamper?. I read somewhere that some bellboxes have a current limit resistor on the tamper return. which may prevent the second bellbox working properly.

2: I believe the oddysey has an issue with backfeeding voltage down the trigger wire will this effect the first unit in any way (chirping)?. if so could you recommend a 12v diode which I could use in line with the trigger wire going to the first unit.

from your experience will 2 different bellboxes work fine together or will I have the above problems.

system is a scanny 9600 and both bells have their own cable back to the panel. thanks

Sponsored Links
You would be better off buying a 12v alarm relay rather than a diode. you can get one from cts direct. use that for the tamper. you will probably be fine without it. but if you want it take the 12v on the panel to the + input on the relay then the tr wire from the second unit to the - input on the relay (this will supply the relay 24/7 under normal conditions ie tamper closed). leave the 12v outputs on the relay unconnected. you ar now left with the nc,c no. now take the tr wire from the first unit and connect to nc and the tr from the panel to the com.

The first unit goes into tamper as normal when you open it. Remove the cover from the second unit and the relay looses power and goes open circuit effectively causing a tamper.

don't think the bell trigger will cause any trouble tbh. but if you are still concerned, buy the same relay as before. wire the trigger from the 1st unit to the bell output in the panel. now take the supply to the relay as above except this you are using the bell as the negative supply to relay. link the - input from relay to com and connect the trigger wire from the oddy to the normally open.

there you go good luck!

Prima 200 ? That's old ! And it does not have an inbuilt 15/20 cut off timer .....

Sponsored Links
tbh the last time I used a prima 200 I do not remember seeing any connections for a backup battery. unless its battery was soldered internally on the unit. I do not think it would self activate. same with the 300.

no, I can remember there being a few links on the pcb immsmc the batt link and the rtn-.
apart from the prima 500. I do not think the 200 or 300 did activate. some of the prima's that I removed when switching off the panel did nothing, however they did work on the panel bell test .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back