2 core SWA join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just found an underground 2.5mm SWA join in a 2 way BESA box with 10A chocbloks. :rolleyes: I had a resin joint kit in mind like this one http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cable+Jointing+Kit/p66182 but I'm unsure if this can be used on 2 core as I've only ever seen them on 3 core. Also the cable is now too short for one join as I've had to cut it where the cores turned black so is it acceptable to have one join, then a short new piece of cable and then another join to continue the run?
Client keeps emphasising no rewire to me whatever I say.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's fine, but if you've never done this sort of thing before, it might be time to call an electrician. You only get one chance with resin joints.

been a while since i done one, but i recall they supply a braided wire which straps across the two cables steel armours for the earth

Sponsored Links
Yes it's fine, but if you've never done this sort of thing before, it might be time to call an electrician. You only get one chance with resin joints.
Can I watch I remember when I first moved from shrink to resin and the leaks and desperate attempts to stop it then robbing another kit to get more resin.

I now really tape them well and ensure really level before the pour. Still think old shrink sleeve ones looked better.

I've done two as a DIYer and found the process fairly straightforward. You need a proper crimper and some nice dry weather for an hour or so. Make sure you mix the resin thoroughly and don't be in a rush to pour it.

silver tabe robbed off a gas man is your best friend on resin joints ;)

I like the magic gel.

How well it works at a depth I'm not sure....

Thanks the guy has finally accepted a rewire now thanks for your replies

Good.

A well made-off joint should be fine for many years, but nothing compares to an unbroken length of cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back