2 way 2 gang light switch

Sponsored Links
L1!

L2 will map to the old L1, and L3 will map to the old L2

c'est simple ;)

stood here scratching my head, please elaborate,

if I have yellow black and red from upstairs switch and red and blue from downstairs lights - how does this relate to L1,L2 & L3 at top and bottom of new VOLEX switch ???

That's not the same question that you originally asked....

Just move the wires according to what bothyhead said:

What was in COM on the old switch goes into L1 in the new,

L1 in old ==> L2 in new
L2 in old ==> L3 in new

How are the terminals arranged on the two switches? They are usually grouped in triangles, but sometimes one is inverted, i.e. using colours to show the associated terminals:
[code:1]COM COM

L1 L2 L1 L2

OR

COM L1 L2

L1 L2 COM[/code:1]

Sponsored Links
thanks for the help !!!

I did what was said in the first post !! and still could not get it to work !!! hence the reason I was scratching my head !!!

had all strange things happening.........the upstairs light was turing one off while the other was going on !!! or one would not work at all and the other would............ knew the first post had to be right...........but I sure had something wrong !!! some silly bugger had wired the upstairs one wrong !!! and no that silly bugger was not me !!! (this time)

got there in the end, thanks to the answers here !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back