2-way Garage light switch to 1-way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2-way lightswitch in the garage for 2 overhead strip lights. This is the wiring in the main switch:

I want to chane the switch to a IR switch I have so the lights come on and off themselves, the new switch only has live/neutral terminals. So I need to remove the secondary switch which is easy as thats the yellow/blue/red on the right of the pic.

So, there are still 2 wires going into the switch, so it looks like 1 goes to the lights, and the other is the mains. So, do I simply take the 2 reds from the the left of the pic, and put 1 in live and 1 in neutral of the new switch?[/list]

Sponsored Links
Yes. The Reds are live in and live out (or switched luve to light)

If the new switch requires a neutral (unlikly) those are the blacks

Hi, the two reds that are in the same cable as the two blacks will be - L feed from supply and the other will be the Sw L to the light the remaining 3 core will be to the second switch, which are not required.

Regards,

DS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back