2 way wiring without 3core+earth

so i use more t+e and will have 2 cables at each end but i wont have to buy 3core. sound good.

as im doing the electrics myself and getting a sparky to inspect and pass my work would he object to this way?

Sponsored Links
so i use more t+e and will have 2 cables at each end but i wont have to buy 3core. sound good.

as im doing the electrics myself and getting a sparky to inspect and pass my work would he object to this way?

There should be no reason for objection. As long as the CPC's are connected and you wire it correctly. (s)he will probably comment on it, as it isn't really done this way anymore. However if I was in your situation I would do exactly this.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Who do you plan to have look at it, and what kind of "pass" do you need, and why?

Sponsored Links
What exactly do you mean by that?

Who do you plan to have look at it, and what kind of "pass" do you need, and why?

hi i have a friend, although he is a friend he is strict. he is letting me do all the electics rewire in my house. and then he will test it and cert it.

he is away at the moment so cant ask him

Do you mean that he is going to lie to Building Control for you?

Friend or not that's an utterly bonkers thing for him to do - it's a criminal offence and could cost him his job, but if he is then do not abuse your friendship any more than you already are by installing circuits on the basis of what someone here tells you. Wait for him to get back and ask him what he's happy with.

Although if you had a shred of decency and really do count him as a friend you wouldn't be getting him into a conspiracy like this in the first place.

Do you mean that he is going to lie to Building Control for you?

Friend or not that's an utterly bonkers thing for him to do - it's a criminal offence and could cost him his job, but if he is then do not abuse your friendship any more than you already are by installing circuits on the basis of what someone here tells you. Wait for him to get back and ask him what he's happy with.

Although if you had a shred of decency and really do count him as a friend you wouldn't be getting him into a conspiracy like this in the first place.
what do you mean lie to building contol? he is a part p certified electician

So he is going to tell Building Control that he did all of the work.

That won't be true.

Deliberately telling an untruth in order to deceive is generally known as "lying".

wel i've decided to do it right with 3 core+e will 1 mm be ok?

Sorry Kris, got to agree with Ban - and if you don't know the answer to this question, you should definitely not be wiring your house.

You are a joiner, after all :)

I was c**p at woodwork at school - if I made a table, imagine how good it would be.....not :D

wel i've decided to do it right with 3 core+e will 1 mm be ok?

Sorry Kris, got to agree with Ban - and if you don't know the answer to this question, you should definitely not be wiring your house.

You are a joiner, after all :)

I was c**p at woodwork at school - if I made a table, imagine how good it would be.....not :D

Agreed, you seem to be setting yourself up with a problem or two.

Wait til your mate comes back and talk through it with him

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back