2 way wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help. i have re connected some wall lights in bedroom, that were left as just wires when i moved in. there are also 2 cieling lights which i am a;ready using. the wall lights switch on ok from the double light switch, but wont switch off. i tried many variations of the wires.
wires coming out are green (i know is earth )
a red wire, which is connected to com, that in turn is connected to the other com by a joining red wire. then the yellow is connected to L1
on one side. and the blue wire is connected to L1 on the other side. The two celing lights work perfectly, but the wall light dont swirch off, pleae can anyone give advice
thanks

Sponsored Links
from what you have said, the way i read it the wall lights never will switch off.

what would be the point of having a wall light coming on / off with the main light?

i think the way it has been wired the wiring is meant so that each wall light has its own integral switch

breezer said:
from what you have said, the way i read it the wall lights never will switch off.

what would be the point of having a wall light coming on / off with the main light?

i think the way it has been wired the wiring is meant so that each wall light has its own integral switch
[quote

there is no other switched in room, only the 2 way one that controls the ceiling lights.[/quote]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back