2000 (W) Hyundai Accent 1.5 CDX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Front Intermittent wipers not working on 2000 (W) Hyundai Accent 1.5 CDX. The wipers work fine on normal and fast speeds and park correctly when switched off so I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the motor or the park switch within the motor unit.

My best guess is that the fault is most likely with the intermittent relay or an open circuit in the wiring.

Problem is, I can't find the relay! Does anyone know where the relay is located - or is it integrated into the switching unit on the end of the stalk?

Also, does anyone have or know where I can find a wiring diagram for this model?

Any suggestions or help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I'd say that either the switch, or an option is not right, ie how intermittant it should operate, or the relay, which would normally reside in the drivers kick panel, or near passenger side glove box...?

Try spraying a load of WD40 into the end of the stalk, while operating it, while avoiding spraying the rest of your car!

Thanks Micky but I've already tried a verified working replacement stalk and the fault is the same.

There is no separate relay for the wipers. I discovered that most Hyundais have an electronic intermittent control PCB built into the switching unit on the end of the stalk . . . like this:

http://img29.imageshack.us/i/74079568.gif/

As the motor works on both speeds and parks correctly that only really leaves 1 possibility - The park sensor is causing the intermittent wiper function to switch OFF before the wipers start. This could be caused by a faulty sensor or a break in the wiring between the sensor and the controller.

Time to dust off the Multimeter I reckon.

Sponsored Links
I'd still doubt that control panel, but if you physically saw it working, then fair do. But if someone told you it worked...then question.

What if there is a fault that blew the origional panel, and blew the new one? Can you compare the boards?

I know grasping at straws! Maybe check out your car club, to see if others have had similar, or ask at the dealer?

Back