2002 focus central locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks. i seem to be having a problem with my central locking. iv been searching many forums for an answer but it seems everyone elses central locking problems are fob related. I do not have a fob, just standard keys. At first i thought, no fob...no central locking. But im sure the salesman said it had central locking and iv been reading about focuses having some sort of key code. Such as turning the key certian ways certian times, or like my girlfriends fathers focus, he just turns and holds it for a minute or two and it locks all doors. But mine is baffling me, i know it has it as its been in for serviceing today and when i went to pick it up, the central locking was working, i did nothin special or specific. Just turned the key to unlock my door and passenger door unlocked and locked etc etc. But now its not doin it anymore after my girlfriend locked her door manually by pushin the indoor lock button in. Any ideas plz?

Sponsored Links
scott1102 said:
But now its not doin it anymore after my girlfriend locked her door manually by pushin the indoor lock button in. Any ideas plz?

Get another girlfriend? :confused:

Nothing in the handbook?

lol, gud idea :p

checked handbook, but thats not really helpful seeing as its for higher spec models :( has things in that book wat u only get in high specs such as 2 litre focus's, leather seats, underseat heatin, elecy windows, fob lockin etc etc.... everything in that book is different to my car,lol

I have looked on Autodata for you and all the focus range for that year are showing a key fob !! I think you should have a word with Fords,it's possible that the "MASTER KEY" has been lost.

;)

Sponsored Links
Hi my ford focus is 1998 model has the exact same problem although I have the key fob which works fine the problem is the passenger door will not respond to locking or unlocking to key fob or the key in the drivers door the only way to lock/unlock it like you is by the key in the passenger door or switch on the inside only. This also started from being locked from the inside and is a real pain if you find an anwer please let me know
Cheers :(

Hi ,
thanks will look at that if problem starts again funny thing is I read on some forum that if you take the door panel off and spray WD40 on the mechanism to free it that may work I tried it before I posted my message yesterday and it didn't work at the time but now works fine for how long I don't know?

Back