2003 Buick Park Avenue Brakes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm helping out my wife's co-worker. Her back brakes were giving her trouble so I got the new pads and hardware. But I can't get the piston inside the caliper to push back. I have a caliper piston compression tool, but the piston will not budge. I took the cap off the brake fluid reservoir, loosened the bleeder screw and removed the brake fluid hose, hoping that having no added pressure on the caliper would let the piston move freely. Didn't move at all. I can run out to a scrap yard and yank a caliper off a car, but wanted to try anything else before spending this ladies money more than I too. Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
If your systems are like ours, the piston has to be rotated as it is pushed in.....it keeps the handbrake tightly adjusted.
John :)

You would be better off with a US based website. There might be a Buick owners forum.

Thanks. I'd never seen a piston that needed to be turned. I was using a compression tool...broke it and spent an hour yelling at the car. Got to go pick up a piston turning, 6 sided dice. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of a bloke I know very well who once had extreme trouble getting the left hand wheel nuts off a Transit.
I, er I mean he, did do some swearing IIRC before the penny dropped about left hand threads! :oops:

Back