2003 Corsa - Indicator Relay?

Sponsored Links
yes, the indicator relay is very hard to get to due to the box cover being such a pain to get off (located at the very top right hand corner of the engine bay next to the battery), there are 5 torx screws holding the cover down, slacken them and you may also need to slacken the battery negative terminal, depending on size of battery.
The indicator relay is the big yellow one on models from (i think) 03 onwards, all models before are two seperate relays.

i swapped this relay and indicators worked fine :D

Hi,

I've developed a "slow" indicator on my left hand side (front and rear) i'm assuming this is most likely to be a problem with the relay. (Assuming one relay works for one side)

However when i look in my manual, it doesn't tell me the location for this relay. :eek:

Can anyone help please? I need to know the location of the relay / flasher unit that controls the left hand side? :?:

All answers (on a postcard) gratefully received....

Ta....

Stu

For anyone's info...

I just fixed my 2004 Corsa with the same problem:

*all near side indicators working intermittently/not at all in the end
*dash board indicator lights showed right side flashing normally, left side flashing rapidly. Hazards from dash ok but outside same as above.
I'd previously changed front and rear bulbs and cleaned connections so I knew the problem was not here.
Checked power to indicator bulbs = none.
did a continuity check thru' indicator switch and got no difference when changing switch (there are 4 connections, only 3 are wired, still don't understand this??)
*Could hear indicator relay operating at speed of flashing

remove the battery holder but theres no need to disconnect the battery. It'll slide ove enough
Getting at the relays/flasher unit is a real bind- there are 7 Torx screws (the battery side may catch you out) I used a flexible screw bit holder to get these out. I reckon you're stuffed without one. To replace them blutack is maybe a good idea to ensure the screw doesn't come off the driver coz if it does its v.difficult to get it back (only 6 screws went back on mine!)
the flasher unit is the yellow box. None of the other relays seem to be invloved with the indicators coz I pulled them out one by one checking each time with no difference. You might read that there is more than one relay invloved in the indicators. INSIDE the yellow flasher box there are 2

Change it! Cost me £3 (2011) from a South Yorks breaker! I guess this part would be around £12 from a Vauxhall dealer coz similar generic is £8 (Bulleye)

Sponsored Links
Back