2005 ford focus st CLUTCH problem --HELP--

Now I'm just getting irratated... Installed the clutch master cylinder. Bleed the damn thing with about 100 pumps. Not 100% positive if all the air is out. Got some pressure back in the pedal but it doesnt feel at all like it used to. Still will not go into gear...

Now I'm thinking back to when the whole thing happened. drivving... feels a little pop in the clutch... let go of clutch pedal... slow down for red light... push on clutch pedal... pedal will not go down... and can't put into gear... after that look at clutch master cylinder and fluid leaking out... Wouldnt one assume this is a clutch master cylinder problem and nothing else?? Or could the clutch master cylinder be one fault of many in a chain reaction. or the clutch master cylinder just being a coincidence and the real problem being something else.

or do I just need to bleed the clutch properly... This is beginning to drive me nuts. may have to bite the bullet and bring it in.

Sponsored Links
I certainly can't fault your diagnosis mate - after all, the fluid was leaking onto the carpet inside, right - so obviously this isn't ok and therefore the fault can't be too far away.
Try bleeding from the master cylinder first, followed by the slave cylinder until you get pedal pressure. You may find you need to use a device that pressurises the master cylinder from the spare tyre air (I think its called Gunson's Eezibleed or something). Another clever device sucks the fluid through the bleed nipple by vacuum.
John :)

Well I finally brought it in to the shop. Mechanic called me today. Needs new slave and CLUTCH!!!! It was a triple wammy... dont ask how it happened, but the clutch, slave and master cylinder, all went in one shot. Looks like she will be a bank breaker :evil: But hey, at least I have a brand new clutch, and my car back!

Sponsored Links
Normally on a Focus, the rathet in the clutch pedal fails; hence the initial 'fail', after that the clutch slips, and wears out the clutch. When the clutch fails, then the hydraulic fluid boils away, as there is no clutch, no pedal, and no box left!

Ford had a recall on these, but half arsed, as they are Ford.

Back