2013 Vauxhall Astra J 1.6 Petrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of the above and the low coolant level warning keeps displaying.
The coolant level is not low.
I have had the coolant header tank replaced with the sensor but the problem persists.
My local garage has suggested that the fault may be stored in the ECU and that resetting it may clear the fault.
Is this a job for a Vauxhall main dealer or can i do it and if so how ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Allow me to scratch the remaining brain cell.....
Is the sensor on this one fixed into the expansion tank base?
The float on the sensor needs to be at the same level as the coolant - in other words it can sense over filling as well as low coolant.
I’ve no idea about stored faults in the ecu I’m afraid, but it’s best to replace the sensor and tank with OE items I’m told.
John

Was it fairly low in the radiator when it was topped up? I t might need to be bled. Is the engine overheating? Was the wiring of the CTS checked? Or was a new sensor just throwed in without any means of testing?

My local garage has suggested that the fault may be stored in the ECU and that resetting it may clear the fault.
Is this a job for a Vauxhall main dealer or can i do it and if so how ?

Seems unlikely, as it would need doing fairly regularly. I would try unplugging the sensor, see if it goes out, if not shorting the pins, and again see if it goes out. If neither works, assume it is a wiring, or ECU issue.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies
Yes the sensor is fixed in the tank and no, the car has never overheated.
according to the garage.
1. The water level was not low and the system was bled.
2, The sensor was unplugged but the light stayed on also when the pins were shorted out
Sounds like wiring or ECU issue ?

Sponsored Links
Back