20mm plastic conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to put 2 cables through this (1 x 3core and earth and 1 x T&E (both 1.5mm) for lighting circuit?

Thinking of running from loft to ground floor through a partition wall with an inspection T for short run to a metal box (Upstairs lighting circuit and 3core and earth for landing light control from downstairs)

Be 10x better than the crazy old surface mount stuff thats held in place with architrave!

Sponsored Links
In general for neatness, and any future installations,
The partition wall was lathe and plaster which has been removed - made sense to me instead of the cable surface mounted and buried in plaster (and hidden under the old architrave) was to conceal it inside the wall inside conduit.

Sponsored Links
:oops:
I'm a northerner too... Think i prefer to call it a PITA

cable fitted anyway

aTLoY.jpg

Nope I've read the information, if you notice the picture behind the conduit is a stud (522-06-06 pt iv) walls form an angle.

To further comply I can mechanically protect the conduit from accidental penetration (part iii) or change to metal conduit.

I've had to put the conduit where it is as to avoid nails used in construction of the stud wall, no other place I could've ran them, either that or surface mount them in trunking...

It still begs the question "Why conduit". With an inspection tee such as that you will never be able to utilise it a future date.

T+E in the wall, run where expected would be far easier, cheaper and more satisfactory.

Completely over-engineered IMO.

I always over engineer stuff, mind you 17th edition seems over engineered too, all this trouble to protect cables and the lighting circuit has to be RCD protected anyway :confused:

I guess I could move the metal box and just have the conduit going straight through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back