22MM TO 15MM PIPE UPGRADE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had a combi fitted,when running a bath,only a drip of hot water is produced from the other hot taps!.Is it just a case of upgrading bath hot water pipe to 15mm as it is 22mm at the mo? and what sort of job is it to upgrade?.the boiler is just across the landing from the bathroom. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply.So, upgrading the pipework would be a waste of time? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sorry to disagree, but changing the bath pipe run to 15mm, although it won't greatly increase the flow to other taps, will be an advantage for other reasons.

The amount of cold water sitting in the pipe that has to be drawn off before the hot water comes through will be much less with 15mm than with 22mm. You will therefore get a much quicker response. If other hot taps are also using part of the 22mm pipework, they will benefit too.

Thanks for pointing that out, gasman. I had a strange sense of deja vu about the question - now I know why.

CONFUSE by name, confused by nature? Would you care to explain this irritating habit you appear to have of posting questions that have already been answered? Perhaps you think we have nothing better to do with our time?

chrishutt said:
Thanks for pointing that out, gasman. I had a strange sense of deja vu about the question - now I know why.

CONFUSE by name, confused by nature? Would you care to explain this irritating habit you appear to have of posting questions that have already been answered? Perhaps you think we have nothing better to do with our time?
Confuse said last time Iam GOING TO have combi installed, Now this post is AFTER it`s installed. Look @ the first posting..2 pages and first question ,Confuscious don`t trust the installer :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :LOL: :LOL: good job (he`s) not a customer of mine ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back