Sponsored Links
Read GN8 from cover to cover a few times.
Also read through BS7671, Guide to EAWR and GS38.
Do some past exam papers to get your head around the structure of the questioning - I found some of the questions worded a bit awkward as to what they were asking.
And don't panic! If you put the time in to ready yourself then you stand a good chance of passing.

I know what you mean - it is a lot to take in. If you are taking the full flavoured exam then you need to know about industrial and commercial as well as domestic.

Sponsored Links
Read GN8 from cover to cover a few times.
Also read through BS7671, Guide to EAWR and GS38.
Do some past exam papers to get your head around the structure of the questioning - I found some of the questions worded a bit awkward as to what they were asking.
And don't panic! If you put the time in to ready yourself then you stand a good chance of passing.

For the avoidance of doubt, I assume you mean GN3?

Oops - yeah :oops: I hope he knows which one I meant :LOL:
Well - you can never know enough about earthing and bonding can you!

RTFQ - Read The F......g Question.

So many marks are lost by candidates not supplying what the questions ask for, especially in Section B, where all answers should relate to the scenario.
Be especially aware of the earthing system if asked to describe the earth fault loop path - wrong system = no marks at all.

Give concise answers - 'list', 'state', 'briefly describe', etc
Use clear diagrams wherever possible - a picture paints a thousand words.
Pay attention to the number of marks awarded for an answer - that's a big clue to the detail required.
Use of correct terminology is essential - for instance, 'schedule of test results' is correct, whereas 'schedule of tests' is not.

City & Guilds also have a book, which is highly recommended.

"Exam Success Inspection and Testing 2391-10"

You can get it from Here

well sat the exam last night (gulp)
found section a relatively easy confident i passed it but not so sure on section b, definately the tough part of the paper and not feeling too confident about it but now its a long wait for results :(

Thursday's exam was almost identical to the previous paper and very straightforward.

I bet most people got the conduit question wrong, though. :(

Good luck for the results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back