2382 exam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got my 2391, but never seen the need to go and sit the 2382, done all that in college 10 years ago, got my select 17th edition but nic ispector tells me this counts for jack ****!, anyone got any idea on the types of questions and price for the exam and maybe a 1 day course?

thought the 2391 was pretty solid so hope the 2382 aint harder, still a 4 month wait for exam results?

Sponsored Links
If you've done 2391 recently and can write your name then you'll fly through the 2382. Is this the -10 (full course) or the -20 (update).?

Results are instant as its a computer-based Q&A environment.

You don't need any books except for the regs book. Just read it and know where to find stuff and you will be fine.

For any spark who has a clue about the regs it is a walk in the park, start with your local college to see if they offer it.

ah right, is it multiple choice then? some people say they do the 2382 before the 2391, i done the latter because i was out of work and a lot of people were asking for it.

what do you mean computer based? are the options on screen and you bring in your own regs book?

Sponsored Links
exactly that...

so many questions from each section, multiple choice answers, open book test, bring your own regs book.. ( so use post it tabs to identify sections for fast finding etc ).

20-30 of you in a room at a time on your own computer, results printed at end of test so you know if you passed or failed then and there..
certs through the post in a few weeks..

I did it as soon as it was run by local college so there were no on-site guides so when I did it only questions from big red book and as an upgrade very easy as restricted to changes only.

However it seems the labour government put in a system so parents can compare college and Uni results and due to this system any failures drop it down the league table so many now refuse to allow any out side candidate to site the exams. So you have to do course it is only way to sit exam. There are some private training places that will allow exam only but that changes area to area.

There are quite a few questions that in real life you would never need to know. So doing course does make it easy. But with the red book having only around 11 months to go anyone in trade should know 75% of answers without book so loads of time to look up last 25% after all you do have book in exam.

I did the exam only through the IET. They seem to be the only ones who actually advertise that they'll let people do the exam only, though some other places may let you if you ask.

If you did the 2381 or got the 2330 or 2360 after 2001 when the 16th ammendment came out, you can do the 1 day update which is around £200. Otherwise you have to do the full 10 week course which is about £500.
As already mentioned it's multiple guess with the answers in order in the book in front of you, so hardly rocket science.

If you did the 2381 or got the 2330 or 2360 after 2001 when the 16th ammendment came out, you can do the 1 day update which is around £200. Otherwise you have to do the full 10 week course which is about £500.
As already mentioned it's multiple guess with the answers in order in the book in front of you, so hardly rocket science.

You missed the 3rd option (between 1 day and 10 weeks), the 3 days 2382 "refresher". like this one @ £395+VAT;

http://www.premtrain.co.uk/17th-edition-wiring-regulations.html

Past papers won't really help very much, since the questions are so easy anyway (and answers can be looked up in the book).

Just remember to read the actual questions very carefully, as plenty of them are worded very poorly.

You missed the 3rd option (between 1 day and 10 weeks), the 3 days 2382 "refresher". like this one @ £395+VAT;

http://www.premtrain.co.uk/17th-edition-wiring-regulations.html[/QUOTE]
I think the '10 week' course is in the evenings, whereas the 3 days is 3 full days with the same content.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back