C&G 2382-10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the middle of studying for my C&G 2382-10 (well I'd say I'm ready but haven't put in for the exam yet).

I've been using the "Big Red Book" for studying purposes however am aware that Amendment 1 is now out and due to come into force on 1st January 2012.

If I qualify now, I assume I would sit the exam from a perspective of BS7671 and would be expected to start working to Amendment 1 from next year? Would I have to sit an update exam or anything when this time comes or will this not be necessary due to it being an amendment to 17th Edition rather than being 18th Edition?

In essence, do I sit my exam now or leave it till early next year :)

Sponsored Links
You will sit the exam on the current requirements non amended and there will be no additional exams for the amendments, there are courses that explain the changes or just get your head around it.

A draft of the amendments can be found here
http://electrical.theiet.org/wiring-regulations/dpc/index.cfm
download introduction to the DPC
The new amendments can be used form July this year but are not needed to be complied to until Jan 2012.
If you do use the amendments on any installation you must stick to the amendments on that installation and not mix between them and the current requirements.
OSG out in September.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back