c and g 2382

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this so sorry if this has been covered before...
can anybody sit the c and g 2382 or must you have previous electrical quaqlifications /apprenticeship etc.
I have 25 years experience and apprenticeship but all aircraft electrics. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't see why not, it might be an idea to go on some sort of course before hand.

There are two versions to sit the upgrade you must already hold a 2381 for BS7671:2001 the full version is open to all.
I did upgrade so don't know what full version entails.
Eric

Sponsored Links
As eric said as you dont hold teh old 2381 you will need to sit the three day 2382 full course.

The 2382 is very much a test on your knowledge of the layout of BS7671:2008. As its an open book exam if you know where to look because you know the structure of the Regs then the detail you can read.

I'd expect you to be able to do fine with your knowledge of electrics. In my experience the first day of the three is spent on the structure of the Regs; the next two days spent doing past papers so by the time you do the exam you will probably recognise half the questions and may even have remembered the answers.

Get the big red book and start learning the structure before your course and you'll sail through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back