2W Light Wiring Diagram

Very true- and when you add the many millions of situations giving possible waste of energy in this class- it is not very 'green' practice either.
I, on buying me first house, found an outside piece or conduit feeding the toilet in the back which was waterlogged- and was giving a constant meter reading with the light off- ie no drainhole!
Earthing is another area not fully understood- as in 'multi-earthing' as per supplier warnings. ( never stopped to work that out though!) :oops:
Our world of AC supply !

Sponsored Links
Bylough said:
Very true- and when you add the many millions of situations giving possible waste of energy in this class- it is not very 'green' practice either.
How much of a problem is it with the sort of currents found in domestic lighting circuits?

I, on buying me first house, found an outside piece or conduit feeding the toilet in the back which was waterlogged- and was giving a constant meter reading with the light off- ie no drainhole!
What sort of meter? What sort of reading? How does that relate to no drainhole in the way that you wrote - "was giving a constant meter reading with the light off- that is to say no drainhole"?

Earthing is another area not fully understood
It is by some people - you should not judge everybody by your own standards...

- as in 'multi-earthing' as per supplier warnings. ( never stopped to work that out though!) :oops:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/5.6.1.htm

ban-all-sheds

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:39 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bylough wrote:

How much of a problem is it with the sort of currents found in domestic lighting circuits?

Quote:
(A) I, on buying me first house, found an outside piece or conduit feeding the toilet in the back which was waterlogged- and was giving a constant meter reading with the light off- ie no drainhole!

What sort of meter? What sort of reading? How does that relate to no drainhole in the way that you wrote - "was giving a constant meter reading with the light off- that is to say no drainhole"?

(B) Earthing is another area not fully understood

It is by some people - you should not judge everybody by your own standards...
--------------------------------------------------------
Excuse the late reply-busy Christmas (hic---hic)
(B) OK Ban-all-sheds.
Appologies for any 'unintended'slight on a professionals knowledge. This was meant to be about the normal adept layman.

(A) This outside conduit was steel and was waterlogged due to having no drainhole (as per another post). It was many years ago and so would have been a rubber wire- possible aged as well. The meter referred to was the supply meter, and I meant the disc was running- with everything off except the mainswitch. (so a leak to earth or other)

On losses in supply power- I was remarking on the post about eddy current losses. Maybe miniscule in the odd case, but collectively I think- granted mostly industrially- but domestisally also. I don't use metal conduit, only channel. Also I wired my lighting circuits with 1.5mm cable- for instance,(this for impedance reasons).

Thanks for the website which looks ok.

Hope I make some sense- I'm more electronic than electrical :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back