3/4" connection to 22mm copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to replace a section of old imperial 3/4inch central heating pipework because of a bathroom refit, the space i need to get into is extremely tight against a wall so i wanted to use a Hep2o 22mm pushfit straight connector. Hep have just told me that i can't use a standard 22mm straight connector... I know they make an imperial/metric fitting but getting hold of one seems impossible. Any ideas or advice folks ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could use a 22mm compression coupling with a 3/4" olive, or, more likely when you cannot get one, use a 22mm olive bound up with some PTFE.

I would be careful with 22mm olive+ PTFE. Know of customers who had floods during the night. I would choose not to do the job unless I had the correct fitting.

Sponsored Links
If you have the room to use a push fit fitting then can you not sweat a 3/4*22mm coupling :?:

You can easily get these

When you're desperate you can make things fit.

More than once I've run out of 3/4" olives and 'panel beaten' a 22mm copper olive down to size. ;)

And once, when reeeely desperate, on a Sunday night, with an angry wife-of-client lurking, I helped him by beating down one end a 22mm Yorkshire coupling until it was the right diameter. :D

I still have an old 3/4" Monument socket former :LOL:

You know the sort you smack inside the pipe with a big hammer. :cool:

I think he's just using the opportunity before Rule 23 comes into force. :D

<extraneous moderator comment deleted>

WTF is rule 23.....sounds like catch22.....the scene where someone`s beating a horse in the background :eek: :mad:

have you got a tapered mandrel and a shrinking hammer ,Softus , or is it just old age ;)

cuz the merchants shut @ 12.30 until Tuesday....so you`re left with :eek: The Sheds :eek:

good point ;) didn`t run out like wee....as unleaded does :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back