3/4" Equilibrium valve

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Is such a thing available? I have replaced my WC cistern ballcocks with Torbecks as they are so quiet. i have a big cold water tank to service a fair sized building with a 3/4" ballcock in the loft, I wanted a 3/4" equilibium, my local supplier hadn't got one and said they weren't made, is this true? i phoned Torbeck and they don't make them, does anyone know a source?

Sponsored Links
Why not fit 2 (or 3 or more) Torbeck type valves? The flow would be as good as a 3/4" valve.

I wondered about that (or even using a Torbeck to do the topping up, with a 3/4" to fill up to, say, all but the last 6", but it seemed like a strange thing to do. Would it be considered OK?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Would it be considered OK?
Can't see why not, providing all float valves conform to Water Regulations.

Only problem I can think of is that the overflow (warning) pipe would be less able to cope if both float valves failed simultaneously, but that seams unlikely, and the same problem would be more likely to arise with a single 3/4" valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back