3/4" TRVs

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Have they been phased out? I wanted to fit them in place of ordinary rad valves,but I can only find 1/2" ones locally or on the Screwyou website. As the syst is quite old, taking out the old tails will be needlessly tiresome.

I can get 3/4" lockshields easily.

Sponsored Links
No you can still buy them from a plumbers merchants.

try BSS, Pipeline etc.

You may still have to change the cap and lining though.

Post a make or pic and I'll try to id a straight replacement for you.

Ta.

they're old Belmont valves. In my old mum's house. They have a longer body than modern valves. the knob is retained with a screw. Grey knob with a metal plate on top with the makers name in black print IIRC.

Try MJT controls as they often have them on a special offer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks, Tony. I've found their website but their search appears to be by manufacturer name, not product...

Sorry, I think they they used to have 3/4" Drayton TRV with screwed connections on their special offers on home page but not there any more !

Try calling them on monday and see if they still have them if you can manage screwed connectors!

Tony

what are screwed connectors?

(they are on 15mm copper pipe but have a 3/4 fitting to the rad tail)

The Peglars Belmont V B 1301/3 angled vertical valve body should be a straight swop, but do check first.

The valve is 3/4 x 3/4 and you should be able to get the copper adapter nut and olive for 15mm copper, sorry don't know the number. but the BSS stock number is 53811447

The actuator is a seperate part and must be order as required.

I've never seen 15mm/ 3/4" Rad valves.

22mm/ 3/4" maybe.

40046_a.jpg

http://www.pegler.co.uk/products/ta...formation&mode=gen&id=40046&oldid=&template=1

Yorkshire (mistral pro ) also do a 22mm / 3/4" .

http://www.yorkshirefittings.co.uk/databooks/mistral.pdf

scatmanjohn said:

Fancy a modest wager? :LOL:

thanks for that,guys... I've now found the Pegler Belmont brochure and will have a browse. I hope they're not vastly expensive :(

Valve is 18 quid ish

sensor is from 13 quid to 56 quid.

JohnD said:
scatmanjohn said:

Fancy a modest wager? :LOL:

thanks for that,guys... I've now found the Pegler Belmont brochure and will have a browse. I hope they're not vastly expensive :(

I will have any size wager that "I" have never seen one. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back