3 lever sash locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP I Opened a newly purchased 3lever sash lock to re orientate the latch. Whilst doing this the levers came off. I tried to replace them but with every attempt I got mor frustrated as the key would sometime lock but would not open the lock and vice versa. Can envy one help me rearranging the levers. They numbered 1, 2, 2 and a fourth 'plate'
Thanks

Yahya

Sponsored Links
try putting the key in from the other side, facing upwards, and arrange the keys so that the slot in each lever for the bolt stump lines up with the stump.

You will have to arrange each lever so that it is pressed by its spring against one of the notches on the key.

On an old lock it is often easier because there will be dirt marks and tarnish on the levers that indicates how they were previously assembled.

p.s.
they probably go 2, 1, 2, with the plate at the bottom

Otherwise post some photos

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

Hi JohnD

Thanks for the advise. I am going to try tour method. I hpe it works for my sake. I will let you know what the outcome is,m

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
:confused: I've never found it difficult

but for speed of reassembly I scribe "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" on levers as I take them out.

here's one I did earlier

but on this one, you can see the slot in the levers that the stump has to pass through. When the key is in place each lever fits on with the slots aligned

View media item 11830

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back