3 Port diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with the central heating sticking on when the timer turns off so I have investigated this by checking the 3 port diverter valve (BGMVSP-23) the motorized valve works perfectly in operation when taken off so ok.

The brass valve with the spindle was extremely difficult to move so I put some wd40 on and began to manipulate it until it became free but I believe that the spindle has broke due to it being so stiff, now I can turn the spindle all way around by hand but I believe you should only be able to turn it from the 12 o clock position to the 3 o clock position, could anyone please confirm this for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 107
  • bgmvsp-23.jpg
    bgmvsp-23.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 86
Sponsored Links
I'd take the opportunity to replace for a Honeywell valve. The Drayton ones like yours are terrible for sticking and you'll more than likely be unsticking it every few months. Incidentally, WD40 is not the stuff to use. Its an oil based degreaser and will only lubricate short term and will damage internal o rings. Silicon spray is the stuff to use.

Sponsored Links
I'd take the opportunity to replace for a Honeywell valve. The Drayton ones like yours are terrible for sticking and you'll more than likely be unsticking it every few months. Incidentally, WD40 is not the stuff to use. Its an oil based degreaser and will only lubricate short term and will damage internal o rings. Silicon spray is the stuff to use.
Do I need to drain the system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back