32mm Waste Length - Siphoning Issues?

barney12 said:
chrishutt said:
barney12 said:
I am making the assumption these AAV's can only be mounted horizontally!
On the contrary, AAVs must be mounted vertically. Check this.

Well as your your footer says! :LOL:
My not very logical brain assumed it would have to be horizontal. Why does this link them show it horizontally mounted?
http://news.hunterplastics.co.uk/viewitem?newsno=58050&Archive

??

Rob

But its vertical in your link as well barney :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
barney12 said:
The shower waste is 40mm and enters the stack on its own boss but I'm guessing perhaps flushing the loo or emptying the sink was enough to pull it.
That seems very unlikely, if the shower doesn't share a run with anything. However, do you have a vent on the stack that it enters?

doitall said:
barney12 said:
chrishutt said:
barney12 said:
I am making the assumption these AAV's can only be mounted horizontally!
On the contrary, AAVs must be mounted vertically. Check this.

Well as your your footer says! :LOL:
My not very logical brain assumed it would have to be horizontal. Why does this link them show it horizontally mounted?
http://news.hunterplastics.co.uk/viewitem?newsno=58050&Archive

??

Rob

But its vertical in your link as well barney :eek: :eek:

Oh my simple brain. My excuse is that it was a Bank Holiday :D
The valve is of course verticle. But, the fitting its self is horizontal in the pipe.

............I'll get me coat ;)

Rob

Softus said:
barney12 said:
The shower waste is 40mm and enters the stack on its own boss but I'm guessing perhaps flushing the loo or emptying the sink was enough to pull it.
That seems very unlikely, if the shower doesn't share a run with anything. However, do you have a vent on the stack that it enters?

Yes the stack has an AAV which is within the same room.

Rob

Sponsored Links
barney12 said:
Softus said:
barney12 said:

Yes the stack has an AAV which is within the same room.
In that case I can't see how anything would pull the water seal out of the shower trap. Is it possible that it's drying out?

Softus said:
In that case I can't see how anything would pull the water seal out of the shower trap. Is it possible that it's drying out?

Yes, I think you are probably right. Its the guest bathroom and the shower doesn't get used much. I happened to get chatting to a plumber in the merchants today and he said the same thing and said it would be a good idea to fit a HepVO in line to prevent the smells if the trap dries out.

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back