3p&n suppy rcd protect to steam generator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to supply 3 phase and neutral, rcd protected, to a steam generator from a non rcd 3 phase board. Do you agree i should use a 3 pole mcb and then fit a 30ma 4 pole rccb remote to the main board or can anyone think of a better method ?

Thanks, Mark.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the type of property this is going into.

I assume non-domestic given 3-phase coming in to the property.

Sponsored Links
As for the rcbo it can't go in the main board as the neutral would be on the next L1 phase pin. But I could use an rcbo remote instead of the rccb.

That is true.

For the cost of it, you probably would be better with a TP MCB in the board, and a 4 pole RCD mounted adjacent to the DB.

I'd be inclined to keep the RCD away from the generator given the environment with possible humidity issues, and the temptation to fiddle with wet hands.

Thanks for replies.
I also thought I could run new tails from switch disc to separate rcbo box, but it makes things untidy.
I'll see what space I have left on the wall in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back