41mm Flexi-pipe for waste fitting issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

First post so please be gentle! Having some problems fitting a new sink waste in the new kitchen. Really simple query but I'm scratchign my head over this one!

Basically due to a complex existing plumbing arrangement I purchased a 41mm flexible waste pipe - comes with a 32mm connector on each end which is sawn off to leave the 41mm. Fitting says it was for a compression fitting, but no threaded collar on the pipe to allow you to fit to the sink trap and waste, so basically it's just shoved into the trap!! Don't really see any other way to fit it but I'm not confident that it will (a) be watertight and (b) stay put!!
The pipe has a flange on each end which would be perfect for siting a collar over but can't get the collar past it of course!

Any help much appreciated
Paul

Sponsored Links
Wow - very fast reply thanks.

Ok, so I was right in my thinking that you don't need the collar round the flexi itself, the collar on the trap just tightens the rubber gasket down onto the flexi - just my natural paranoia thinking that the seal wouldn't be good enough.

Thanks again

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back