50mm 3c swa to 25mm 3c swa.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i'll explain the situation.

Overhead lines were replaced and are now underground.
New met installed at bottom of field.
I have 25mm tails coming out the the met into a 100A switch fuse.
Their is a 50mm 3c swa traveling underground to the house.
At the house their is another 100A switch fuse with 25mm 3c swa going to a CCU 15 metres away.

50mm swa does not fit in the 100A switch fuse; my thoughts were to have 25mm tails coming out of the switch fuse and into something to connect to the 50mm swa. i have a few ideas on how to overcome the problem one them being line taps and some kind of busbar chamber to lug the tails onto the rail.. but not convinced its the correct way! would be great if you sparkys could share your knowledge on what you would do.

thanks
carlos

Sponsored Links
A new, larger switchfuse? In fact, do you even need a switchfuse? If there's one at the supply origin then an SP&N switch should suffice.

Yep, something like a 200A switch or switch fuse would be my preferred option too.

Thanks for your reply.
basically the overhead supply that was their originally came into the house and the CCU was 15m away, so i put a switch fuse in to cover the swa. when the job was pretty much complete the client decided that they wanted the overhead taken out of their field and buried. All the under floor heating and tiles are down so its to late to run a direct armoured from the new met position to the ccu. the elec board said the met had to go at the bottom of the field which left me to put in another switch fuse.

the wholesaler we use said they don't have anything larger than the one im using. thats why im asking here for an alternative suggestion. do you happen to have a website for this larger one?

carlos

Sponsored Links
Which wholesalers are you shopping at?

Mickey mouse electrical?

Anyway, even if not held in stock, even the most rubbish wholesaler will get them on order.

You must have a larger one at the origin? Just get the same as that one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back