51 ford focus HELP ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..I have not driven my ford focus cl for a few weeks as to of been in hospital. Car as been no bother used daily . I just thought battery had run down with alarm flashing lights. Took it off recharged it replaced it .On using my key heard no central locking working on any doors .Put key in ign odd dim light nothing light up as normal. So before i go round trying to find things that maybe nothing to do with it .I wondered if their is any sort of reset switches or anything that i need to do. As i said it as not been a problem before i left it standing ...thanks if anybody can help me with my prob.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that the battery has actually taken a charge, you don't have to leave one flat for long before it sulphates and won't take a charge. Either try another battery or try that one in another car. Checking it with a voltmeter won't help as it can still read 12 volts when practically flat, although you could check the voltage with it in the car with the lights on say.

What i will do today is try a set of jump leads from another car.if my panel lights up and it starts .will get a new battery .Like you say its probaly suphated up. thanks for replys

Sponsored Links
Back