6 bar pump too much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been given a 6 bar twin impellar pump, and wondered if I could use this to boost my 'chase the water' shower.

I have a 50 gallon cold water tank feeding a hot water cylinder (think its about 150l), with a Surrey flange on top.

From what I have read a 2bar pump is all I really need, but as I have a free 6 bar I was hoping to take advantage. Whether this is in the shower feed only, or also includes the bath and basin.

many thanks for any advise.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Check with shower manufacturers first and if ok you could earn an income from a sideline in pressure washing :eek:

WHat Dan means, I might suggest, is that the flow you're likely to get from a 6 bar pump will empty your tanks rather quickly.
A bathful is still a bathful, and you can always turn the shower down except for a 20 second blast at full welly.
Mine's 4 bar, and no problems.
Your main issue might be the noise it'll make.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies.

I have checked the shower specs (Grohe 1000) and it says Recommended Flow Pressure 1 - 5 Bar and Test Pressure 16 bar. From this I assume I should be OK (ish).

My main concerns were a. The shower and pipework being able to take the pressure and b. being pressed against shower wall like a protester under attack from a water cannon.

Mark

DoBBs said:
My main concerns were a. The shower and pipework being able to take the pressure and b. being pressed against shower wall like a protester under attack from a water cannon. Mark

This one I would think :LOL: At least you'll have experience for the next Greenpeace protest :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back