'70's MK socket outlets.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Next door are nest building (2 weeks to go)they have dropped two socket outlets away from the wall in the nursery for re-papering and thrown the (4BA?) screws away because they bought new sockets...problem,the old sockets are '70s mk with four screws each.now they are in a muddle ,Iseem to remember that someone made an adapter plate for just this problem but cant find any mention of them anywhere,anyone here got any ideas?.
And hey,don't you just love 7/.029 !.

Sponsored Links
The screws were a BA but the regular ones that you get now are 3.5mm and will fit fine.
If they don't then you can buy a 3.5mm rethreader (tap) and hey presto Bob's your Mother's brother.

BTW. The old 4 screw back boxes also have regular screw holes at 9 and 3o'clock. Tell them to stop being mean and buy a couple of new sockets. They are only a couple of quid at Screwyfix.

Sponsored Links
Thanks lads,I must admit I hav'nt been round to look at these and am only going on what I've been told but it seems they have bought new sockets and found there are no side lugs in the boxes so looks like a careful dig out and new boxes.

Tell them to stop being mean and buy a couple of new sockets. They are only a couple of quid at Screwyfix.

The old MK sockets even after 40 years will still be far better quality though.
Quite right,my house has them throughout and they have never given any problems , they have bought those things that look like they've melted.I will go down the route suggested by Holmslaw as I have a packet of long screws so will go buy a tap on monday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back