760 stone resin shower tray flooring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im currently ripping out ensuite and fitting a 760 square stone resin tray. Existing floor is chipboard and spongy at that,due to an old leak from the previous owner. I have already read about reboarding with 18mm plyboard but i thought i saw somewhere about sitting the tray directly on the joists (waste pipes permitting) it i create a suitable frame around it.
Can anyone advise on this??
Many thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/760mm-resin-shower-tray.469402/#ixzz4O75RU5cb

Sponsored Links
If you read the tray manufacturers instructions it will probably say the tray should be fully supported.

Directly on the joist would have been a stone tray ( like a belfast sink) not stone/resin.

Thanks for your thoughts, so i will replace chipboard with ply and sit on the ply floor Whats your thoughts on setting the tray down?? Silcone/pinkgrip/ mortar bed?
Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Again as Aj pointed out instructions are your friend here to get the warranty if ever required. Usually mortar mix though for most.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back