A case for steel cables?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Annoyingly, I set this up to start on the clip, but, despite adding the time to the link, it starts at the beginning....
Go to 7:09

Sponsored Links
SO what are you referring to and what are you on about steel cables?

Why do you think a steel cable would have been any better?

Sponsored Links
they are also said to lop off the heads and limbs of motorcyclists.

You could wire them up to the national grid, (as a deterrent of course).

perhaps then electric cars can charge on the go, using a horizontal bumper car like connection :)

Tricky thing really.. Accidents like the above are pretty rare. raining, tightening radius bend, changing lane, unloading the inside, accelerating, braking, off camber.. you have to be pretty thick not to expect a slide. A bit of gravel might have helped better than wire, or may be a bush between the barrier.

More of a case for driver improvement course.

Had he waited for the bend to open up, the other driver might have pulled over.

In my home town many years ago, 5 guys went out for a spin in their car, the driver had passed his test earlier in the week.

They hit an oak tree at 70mph....

For a while there was a campaign to remove trees from the edges of the road around the town, because if the driver had hit the hedge instead, they might have survived.........

Its one of the really nice things about driving National routes in France... they have trees lining the road.

I have my own experience of hitting the armco after spinning out on some ice. Completely wrote off the front of (and the rest of) the car.
Im not so sure wire would have been any difference, in fact I think I have seen videos where the wire breaks. The armco is still there even though it has a minor dent in it.

Sponsored Links
Back