A good electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my electric shower so I might have to purchase a new one-Does anyone have recommendations?-Argos or maybe Homebase? I have used a Redring 650 9.5KW and apart from leaking and a stuffed Solenoid it has been OK. Any help appreciated-I could get like for like but would prefer if shower was close to Redring with pipes and wiring etc,
Thanks for reading....

Sponsored Links
The same Consumer Protection Rules apply to ebay and online stores as they do to high street shops.
//www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/redring-650-electric-shower-no-power.382267/
You don't seem to have carried out any of the suggestions mentioned on the above post.
A £10 multi-meter is all you need.
If you do not feel confident or competent to carry out the tests as described then perhaps you should not be replacing the shower yourself and get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Options...
http://www.plumbingplace.co.uk/Mira_Jump_9_5KW_Shower_11693002.html?gclid=CMCJ9--60LoCFfMctAodXUUA4A

The same Consumer Protection Rules apply to ebay and online stores as they do to high street shops.
//www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/redring-650-electric-shower-no-power.382267/
You don't seem to have carried out any of the suggestions mentioned on the above post.
A £10 multi-meter is all you need.
If you do not feel confident or competent to carry out the tests as described then perhaps you should not be replacing the shower yourself and get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Options...
http://www.plumbingplace.co.uk/Mira...html?gclid=CMCJ9--60LoCFfMctAodXUUA4A[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the above advice- I have replaced solenoid valve but this is getting more complicated- and I am pretty sure there is power to the unit-I am thinking of getting an electrician to come and test unit-if he declares unit is faulty well thats it I suppose-
What I could do is to return unit if faulty and therefore I will need to look at another shower as we still have nothng to use at this stage(no bath).

Sponsored Links
If you do not have a meter to test then it is impossible to speculate other than the unit is faulty or a wire is not where it should be.
Perhaps the neutral has come loose in the consumer unit.

When you do get an electrician he will have test equipment or he probably wouldn't be able to say what was wrong if not visible even being there.

10.8kW Redring Selectronic Premier. Genuine thermostatic control, not the traditional useless anti-scald feature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back