A Heteronormative culture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The BBC is taking action over a perceived heteronormative culture at the company by making LGBT reforms including forming a network of straight allies who may be identified using badges ?

Language is to be more inclusive with non-binary pronouns used by staff.

Action is being taken over fears that heteronormative culture in particular around kaunguage was developing with in the company and that the environment was not fully supportive of LGBT staff

An internal survey of LGBT staff highlighted areas requiring improvement including a need for non-binary language

Sponsored Links
The only real world interaction I have now with the BBC is radio 2.

I don't think anyone could disagree that whatever nonentity controls it has made some very bad decisions over the last few years.

Trying to work out how & why a particular DJ got that slot, or even remains in that slot is pointless, untill you factor in the sort of rules they have to work to.

How do these people's minds work?

I can't sing. Do you think it discriminatory that I am not be allowed to join the Saturdays? (Had to google a girl group)

How do these people's minds work?

I can't sing. Do you think it discriminatory that I am not be allowed to join the Saturdays? (Had to google a girl group)

You should listen to a few of the theories of Dr. Jordan Peterson.

Sponsored Links
Here are some things for the BBC (especially radio) to ponder.

In general, with only a very few exceptions, women's voices are not as clear and distinct, nor as pleasant to listen to, as men's.

Listen to the traffic reports (which, on national stations are a complete waste of time); where do they find so many women with really weird voices? Not to mention some appaling accents.

Damn, I was quite looking forward to the BBC producing some "adult " viewing, maybe rebrand some shows,"Strictly cum dancing" could work.
Ho Ho,,,,how long you being trying to get that line in?

Sponsored Links
Back