A religion history lesson needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What's wrong with this picture?
joseph smiths writings are in the book of mormans, not the king james version. the old king james been around since 1611, its was exactly translated from the original text.
joseph smith wrote his fake book,1830. he claimed its new revelation, and part of scripture, but we know the new testament was finished whith the apostles.
joseph smith was a false teacher, false apostle. his teachings are not inline whith original scripture.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Mormons.html

joseph smiths writings are in the book of mormans, not the king james version. the old king james been around since 1611, its was exactly translated from the original text.
How do you know?

joseph smith wrote his fake book,1830. he claimed its new revelation, and part of scripture, but we know the new testament was finished whith the apostles.
How do you know?

joseph smith was a false teacher, false apostle. his teachings are not inline whith original scripture.
Perhaps, as I asked, they are an improvement that god thought of in the early 1800s.

What you don't seem to even realise, let alone accept, is that everything you believe is just what somebody wrote.
The things you disagree with are also what somebody wrote.
That you choose to believe one thing over another is your choice.

This is solely because you were born and raised in Britain (or somewhere similar) and that is what you were told and you believed it.

Had you been born elsewhere you would have been told and therefore believed something else.

Isn't it strange how people born in different parts of the world happen to believe different things?

Oh, I forgot, you don't even believe catholics so you are relying on Henry VIII. It's only the church of England that is correct.

That's Lucky, isn't it?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=king+james+bible+translation+errors

joseph smith wrote his fake book,1830. he claimed its new revelation, and part of scripture,
Remind us what the people who wrote earlier books claimed?

but we know the new testament was finished whith the apostles.
Remind us why nothing can ever advance.

You are laughable, you really are.

dunno .

tbh I may be up for most religions if there is something in it for me ? The something must be more then spiritual enlightenment though ;)

https://www.bing.com/search?q=king+james+bible+translation+errors

there just different translations of words, example, like Holy Ghost, instead of Holy Spirit, there the same, I say Holy Spirit, but I did used to say Holy Ghost its not a problem.

but false teachers describe God, salvation, Christ, contrary to the scriptures, that's were the danger is. deceiving people into false understanding of God, and Christ, preventing them from being saved and set free.

Remind us what the people who wrote earlier books claimed?

who are you revering to ?

Remind us why nothing can ever advance.

advance in what way ?

the new testament is complete, the old and new testament are complete.

You are laughable, you really are.

its because you don't understand spiritual things concerning scripture, you think you do, but you don't, this is what the bible says
:1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Here's a quote from another book:

“It is time we admitted, from kings and presidents on down, that there is no evidence that any of our books was authored by the Creator of the universe. The Bible, it seems certain, was the work of sand-strewn men and women who thought the earth was flat and for whom a wheelbarrow would have been a breathtaking example of emerging technology. To rely on such a document as the basis for our worldview-however heroic the efforts of redactors- is to repudiate two thousand years of civilizing insights that the human mind has only just begun to inscribe upon itself through secular politics and scientific culture. We will see that the greatest problem confronting civilization is not merely religious extremism: rather, it is the larger set of cultural and intellectual accommodations we have made to faith itself.”
Sam Harris, The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back