About that Japan trade deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither are you. You don’t seem to realise that there’s still negotiations to be done. Plenty of time for the EU to bow to our demands. Come back on the 2.1.21 and try blowing your anti UK trumpet then. :whistle:
EU regulatory compliance isn't part of any trade deal.

Single Market access means: rules of origin checks, sanitary and phytosanitary controls, transit documents, customs declarations.

Sponsored Links
EU regulatory compliance isn't part of any trade deal.

Single Market access means: rules of origin checks, sanitary and phytosanitary controls, transit documents, customs declarations.
Does that apply to China and the US as they are bigger exporters to the EU than we are? Does the EU take all the US's chlorinated chicken then?

So have we been adhering to eu or UK regulations for the last 40 years ? We can export stuff to the eu with no CE mark, as they don't tell us what to do ? Come on, a 5 year old can see the eu make the rules, and yes, we were in the eu making the rules, but they came from the eu. 1 1 21 the eu will continue to tell us to do the same as they have for 40 years.

Oh look a Brexiter not understanding regulatory alignment.

An exporting country has to comply with the regulations of the importing country, that's the whole world, not just EU.

What is it you don't understand?

Does that apply to China and the US as they are bigger exporters to the EU than we are? Does the EU take all the US's chlorinated chicken then?

Every country has to abide the regulations set by the importer. (Sometimes there are WTO disputes where regulations are deemed protectionist).

In general though, any external country going into the EUs Customs Union has to comply.....that's how an internal Market works.

Sponsored Links
Again, which bit of being part of the EU don't you get?

The UK was able to help shape the regulations whilst being a part of the biggest trading bloc in the world.

As of next year the UK will have to follow EU regulations if we wish to trade with them, but then having no influence to shape any future regulations they wish to impose on 'third countries'...

And the UK becomes a 'third country' on the 1st of January 2021 unless borisconi does yet another U-turn and does a deal!
Do we now, or at any time, adhere to eu regulations that they imposed, yes or no, a simple choice of answer, no swerving, YES or NO ? It matters not a jot that we may have helped implement them, I am asking , did the eu impose regulations on the UK and other eu members ? Two answers to choose from, surely you're not that thick.

Oh look a Brexiter not understanding regulatory alignment.

An exporting country has to comply with the regulations of the importing country, that's the whole world, not just EU.

What is it you don't understand?
I understand that we have to adhere to regulations, the question I was asking is, do the eu tell us to adhere to them (i.e tell us what to do )or not ? Ellal says they don't, IT Minion says they do, which of those two is right, and which is wrong. I have said neither one thing or the other. And as for the Brexiteer slur, tell us again, which way did you vote ?

Once we've left the EU we'll still be conforming to their standards and just have additional red tape to deal with. At best, no better, more likely worse.

This taking back control stuff doesn't seem to be that helpful.

We follow every country's standards to which we export goods. How many UK manufactured electrical goods fitted with our 3 pin plug would sell overseas?

I understand that we have to adhere to regulations
Well done, you're learning (y)

Do we now, or at any time, adhere to eu regulations that they imposed, yes or no, a simple choice of answer, no swerving, YES or NO ? It matters not a jot that we may have helped implement them, I am asking , did the eu impose regulations on the UK and other eu members ? Two answers to choose from, surely you're not that thick.
My apologies...

You haven't actually learnt a thing!

The EU didn't impose anything, it was a collective agreement with opt outs for nations to choose from.

If the UK wishes to trade with the EU in the future then yes we have to follow the regulations that we agreed to but will have no say in future regulations.

So it is obvious that it is the brexiteers that are the thick ones!

Well done, you're learning (y)

My apologies...

You haven't actually learnt a thing!

The EU didn't impose anything, it was a collective agreement with opt outs for nations to choose from.

If the UK wishes to trade with the EU in the future then yes we have to follow the regulations that we agreed to but will have no say in future regulations.

So it is obvious that it is the brexiteers that are the thick ones!
So if the eu doesn't impose the eu regulations, who does ?

You have no idea of how the EU is run do you
All I am asking is, does the eu implement regulations which we, and the rest of the bloc, have to follow, YES or NO? No squirming and backtracking or muddying the waters, just answer yes or no( you are capable of that, aren't you?).

What do you think about Westminster telling Dystopia what to do?
And ellal questions my thinking ? We are talking of the eu instructing us, not the other way round.

We follow every country's standards to which we export goods. How many UK manufactured electrical goods fitted with our 3 pin plug would sell overseas?

Lots I suppose. Lots of countries have the same design plug

All I am asking is, does the eu implement regulations which we, and the rest of the bloc, have to follow, YES or NO? No squirming and backtracking or muddying the waters, just answer yes or no( you are capable of that, aren't you?).
Which bit of "If the UK wishes to trade with the EU in the future then yes we have to follow the regulations that we agreed to but will have no say in future regulations."

The clue is in the word 'yes'

For thickos like you that is the opposite of 'no' :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back