Abutting existing window reveals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to add a rear extension to a property I own and converting into two flats, a couple of areas I'm stuck on (might be down to my interpretation of the building regs) before I get a proffessional to check over my ideas!

How close up to an existing window reveal can i abutt a rear extension? I'm looking to connect to the existing cavity wall using Furfix type wall plates. The window offers natural light and ventilation to the downstairs bathroom, I know its not required but would be desireable to keep. I need to position the wall as close as possible to this window to maximise the space in the extension (same old storey I expect!!)

My second question is do 2 stacked kitchens require a SVP or can the waste be disposed in seeperate pipes into the main drain? The SVP for the bathrooms is on the other side of the house and not practical to connect to.

Many thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
The wall can spring from the reveal if it is practical to do so. Can't answer any different with the available information.

Separate bathrooms can have separate SVPs, generally manholes required at every junction though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back